This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cherish always...

It's been a month since winter break. A whole month since I saw my grandma standing there at the Hong Kong airport waving me goodbye. 30 + days has passed since I was living out my dreams on the other side of the world. It doesn't seem that long, but living the days one by one here in my dorm on BYU campus is making it seem like it has been forever. 


During this whole entire time that I have been back, I have thought about a couple of things that I really want. One is that I really really want is to be back on the other side of the world, living the Hong Kong life, and spending time with my grandma. The second one that is that I  keep thinking about is the topic of family and memories, and the things we ought to cherish more. Cherish. That is a beautiful word to me. I don't know why. But it has deeper meaning then just a word. 


To me, Cherish means love, and remembrance. It means understanding, and charity. It means holding on to something forever, and never ever forget what it means to me. Now, I know this isn't the real definition for the world cherish, but when I think of that word, this is what comes into my mind. 


I have so many good things that happens to me all the time. I have a family that loves me, and would do anything for me. I have friends that are always so caring, and understanding; friends that I know will always be there for me. I have a loving Father in Heaven that loves me so much he sent his son to die for me. I have sooooo much! But yet, sometimes I forget about that. I forget that I am a very lucky girl, and just always remember the negative things. I forget to CHERISH the people I have around me, and keep trying to ask for more. 


During this week though, I realize that I won't always have so much to be grateful for. I won't always have all my family members to be with me on this earth. Someday in the future, no matter when, my grandma will leave this earth, and my parents will pass onto some place amazing and wonderful. My friends lives will change, and some of them I will never see again after I graduate. So many things can happen in a blink of an eye, you never know how life is going to be like tomorrow. 


So I decided that I need to cherish everything I have NOW. I don't always want to live in negativity, and someday wake up from that, and realize that I lost everything I had because I was too busy feeling sorry for myself. I want to always remember the experiences I have with my family, and the memories we make together. I don't want to wake up one day and regret about something I can never change because I let the time pass me by. I want to do something about it today, make a change, and Cherish everything I have in front of me. 


I want to remember every single waking moment I have with my grandma on my trip back to Hong Kong. I want to remember the laughs we have, the jokes we made with each other, and the meals we ate together. I want that feeling of love, and connection to be embedded deep inside me that even when I am 80, I will still remember it. I want to share the rest of our lives in happiness, joy, and love. 


I want to always laugh with my parents and sister, that we can always understand each other, and love each other more. I don't ever want to lose them. I want to see their faces forever inside my mind; each waking day, and each sleeping night. I want them to know that I love them with all my life. I want them to know that no matter what I say and do, I CHERISH everything they have ever done for me. I want them to laugh at me, and dance with me. I want all of us in the family to cherish each other. 


Okay, so I know that a lot of this post has been about me, so as always, now I am going to ask all of you to do something for me. I am going to ask you to Cherish the other people around you too. Love your family, and care about your friends. Remember that you never know what is going to happen, so before you have to regret about something, do it. Make sure you never let anything pass in your life when you could of done something about it. Remember that your Father in Heaven loves you, and wants you to cherish life also. Don't wallow in self pity. Stand up, be positive the best that you can, and cherish the people and things you have around you. Because I promise you that if you take time to look for the good, they will always come out and beat the bad. Trust me. I am working on it right now, and it is making a difference. And I know it will make a difference to you too. Only if you let it though, and make yourself give it a try. If you are already doing this, that is great! But there are always room to improve. Never forget that. Whether you are doing it or not, start today, and keep it going for the rest of your life, the best that you can. 


Try your best to cherish all that you love and care for. Try your best to BE your best! Because as always, I am!! :) I love ya'll!! Have a great night, and wonderful week!!!


with all my love,
Q2

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your mature perspective on life. Thanks for the inspiration QQ, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews