This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Something I wish I can do in the future....

So at my new job as an CNA, I have already learned so much. I started this job a month ago, and it feels like i have learned enough for it to be 3 months. But one of the biggest things I learned isn't actually from the duties of my job, but from the people I serve in my job: 
The Residents.  

I have so many residents at my work that are so cute, happy, and positive all the time. Everyone of them will always stop and say hi, or give you a high five if you ask for one. They love every one, even though most of them don't have anyone in their lives anymore...or at least, not regularly to be there with them, and take care of them. That is one of the biggest reasons of why so many residents are there. So given that image, shouldn't they all be kind of sad, mean, and boring? But thankfully...that is not the case at all! Not at all! 

Everyday I have to wake up at 5 AM, and everyone that knows me knows I am soooo not a morning person, but yet...I wake up anyways. As I walk into the building and clock in, I always resent that I am there working, but you got to do what you got to do right? heehee...

And trust me, the work isn't easy... I mean, i don't want to get sympathy from you all, but the work is actually very hard. Physically, and mentally. When you work in healthcare, your main job is to try and please everyone. You supervisors, co-workers, and especially your residents. But as we all know...trying to please every one is just basically impossible. But that is my job...fighting against the impossibility of life. =) 

Most of the residents in resting homes don't really want to be there you know. Some hate it. Some just don't have a choice anymore. But even though most of them wish they were some place else, they all still have SUCH a great and positive attitude towards everyone. Which makes fighting against the impossible mission just a little bit easier! 

Every single one of the residents have their own sad story, and why they are there. They have all lived so different lives then the one I am living. But when I go to work and serve them, they are actually educating me right back, even more then I have realized!! 

I always thought I was a happy person for most of the time! I make sure that I never give up in anything that I do, and I always try my best, no matter how hard, difficult and impossible the task seems. I just keep going. And I thought I was really good at staying positive...

But after starting this job, I realize that I have so much more to improve on and do. I mean, after working for a couple of days, I started thinking.. If I had a stroke, and can't ever walk again, I think I will just pretty much be a bum, and be angry for the rest of my life. If I lost my arm, I don't think I could live and be a happy person anymore, because I basically won't be able to do the thing I love most: Music. If my family just left me at a resting home to die, I think I will make every day a torture, for myself, and all the other people around me. I mean..what else is there to do right? I don't know what you would do...but I can tell you what my residents do..

They don't care! They put a smile on their faces, and keep going on in life! They wake up every morning with a positive attitude, ready for another day with all their friends in the facility. They see me coming into the door, and they ask ME how I am doing..rather then just letting me ask all the questions and do all the work. They tell me stories, and they make me laugh. When they see that I am upset, they will try to make things easier for me to do. They are there to also love ME back, and make me happier. 

I think that is just incredible. I don't know if I will ever be able to do that...but I really hope someday I can be just like them. If I do have to live in a resting home, I hope that I can be the most positive and helpful one there. 

But on a closer level, in my current day to day life, I just want to always be positive like them. I want to learn how to always have a smile, and keep going on with life the best I can even when I am having a crazy difficult life. I want to be able to always, always, always remember the positive and happy things in life, and just believe that no matter what happens now, tomorrow, or a year from now...everything will still be okay! Because looking back on my residents, and seeing that they are also so okay, and so happy, I just know if I try my best, in no matter what situation I am in, everything will be okay for me too. =) 

Oh...and another thing. If you couldn't already tell from this post that I just really love my job...I am here to tell you...I FREAKING LOVE MY NEW JOB!!! =) It is so satisfying to know that I can go to my job, and make such a difference for the people there! I mean...for everyone. The nurses, co-workers, supervisors, and most definitely, the lovely, happy, and awesome residents. It's a hard job...but I am so thankful for it, and it's making such a better person! And yes...soooooo grateful and happy to have this job. That's all!! 

Anyways...as always! Try your best, to be your best! And this time...just try to be happier, and a whole lot more positive. Just always remember...everything will be okay! Do your best in whatever you set your heart out to do! Because as always....i am! =) 

Love,

Q2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews