This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Knowledge with one word....

Week 2 - 

Hey my friends, so...ready for another preaching session from me? Haha....I bet you are! Here goes...

You know those moments when you feel a prompting, but aren't exactly sure if it was the Spirit or not? Sometimes you doubt what your heart is telling you because you just don't know for sure if it is what you are suppose to do, or what you want to do, right?? I might be the only weird one, but I sure get that feeling a lot. A lot of the time, even when I do feel the spirit, I don't actually acknowledge it the first moment...I have to wait over and over again for the spirit to manifest itself, and by then, it's too late. 

But I mean, what can we do to know for certain that what we are feeling is the spirit, and the prompting of the Lord?? How can we react on the first moment, instead of doubting over and over again until its too late? I didn't know how for sure until my lesson in my NT class in Acts, ch.9, vs.10. 

In that chapter, Saul (of Paul) has just seen the light of the Lord, and heard the voice of the Redeeming Christ, asking him why he was persecuting all of Christ's children, the believers in Christianity. After that encounter, and of Paul's repentance, they were sent unto the city of Damascus. 

Now, here is the main part of the lesson today. When Paul was heading towards his journey in the beginning  he was carrying letters to Damascus to arrest all the people of Christian faith, and send them to prison, or even to their deaths. Within that city was a man and a priest named Ananias. He was a very faithful, and wonderful man of the faith, and very in tune with the spirit. In Vs. 10 of Ch. 9, the Lord came to him, and all he had to say was one word: Ananias. Without a second of a doubt, Ananias stood, and said, "I am Here Lord." 

Without a second of a doubt, Ananias knew that it was the Lord calling him, and asking for his help. Ananias didn't have to think twice, he just stood up and answer the Lord, always ready to listen to Him, and do as He asks. Isn't that just amazing? This one mortal man, who has devoted his life to the Church, was so in tune to the Lord that just by one call of his name, and one spark of the spirit, he knew it was the Lord, and he was ready to answer and be at his service. 

So looking back at our lives, isn't the answer that we proposed before just answered? The spirit is always here with us if we are faithful, but that isn't the key. The key is if we are ready to listen to the spirit or not. The key is to be in tune, always and forever to what the spirit, or the Lord has to tell us. We should always strive to be like Ananias, where no matter what is happening, or how hard life is, we are ready to answer to the Lord in the manner of just one word, and be ready to answer, "yes Lord, I am here." 

There are always hard choices in life. There are always times where we are searching for the answers, but never seem to find them. I know because I have been through so much of those times, and I wish I was more in tune to the spirit like Ananias, and listened to the spirit that was always there to guide me and strengthen me. I know that if each and every one of us strive to be better, and more in tune with the spirit, we won't have those times where we rock back and forth from decisions, or be doubtful of what the spirit is actually trying to tell us. If we strive to be better, we will be able to stand up and and "yes Lord, I am here," on the very first prompting from the Gift that should be so dear to us. I know this to be true, and I am striving every day to be able to be like Ananias, and answer without a shadow of doubt to the Lord, from the very first moment he asks of me. 

Try your best, to be your best, as always! 

love,
Q2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews