This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Holidays...

What a great week it has been!!!!  One of the funnest week of the year. Within this week, there is a day where you spend time with family to laugh, eat, and just be thankful for each other's company. A day for memory making, and remembrance. It's a day for forgetting old grudges, and becoming friends again. It is a day where we think about everything that we have, and remember to never take things for granted. It's THANKSGIVING. 



I LOVE this Holiday. Every time when Thanksgiving comes around, my family usually do something we all think of a little tradition. We hold our hands around the table, and each one of use say the most important thing we are grateful for this year before we say the prayer and eat. It is a very special time, and I always spend so much time thinking of my most special and important thing I am thankful for. When I actually get to sit down and think about what I have, and everything that I am thankful for, I realize how much I really have. I always start to recognize that all the bad things, hard trails, and unfortunate events that has been happening in my life really is okay because of all the other amazing blessings that I have received. 


This year, since my family didn't spend alone time together during Thanksgiving due to a huge party, I am going to write everything that I am thankful for on here. I know, it is a little cheesy, but I really like our tradition, and I am really really bummed out that I couldn't do it this year. So now, I am fixing the problem. 


I know this is really late, and way pass Thanksgiving, but since Thanksgiving is for families to be together, I decided to wait until after the holiday write this post. But I think it still applies now, an to everyday life. We should be thankful and grateful for what we have always. 




I am Thankful for my life. I love being here on earth, living in this wonderful world, and having all that was given to me. I am thankful for being able to wake up each day knowing that I can make something out of myself, and be my very own person. I am grateful that each day I live, I can learn something new, and know that I am doing my best at everything that is given to me. 


I am thankful for my Family. I love them so much. No matter what they do, or what happens, they are everything to me. I am so grateful for everything that they have done for me. Without them, I don't know what I would do. 


I am thankful for my friends. I am grateful for all those strangers that I have meet, who out of the goodness of their hearts has decided to take me in, and make me part of their lives. I love that I can always count on them. I am thankful for all they teach me in life, and all that they help me through. I am grateful for all the laughs and memories that we have together. 


I am thankful for the wonderful gospel i have been born into. I am so grateful for my saviors atonement for me, and his love for me.  I am thankful for all he has ever done for me, and all the strength he has giving me. I love my savior so much, and my Heavenly Father above. I am so thankful that I have a testimony of the church, and KNOW with my whole being that It is true. 


So, these are the main things that I am thankful for. I mean, there are lots more. There is always so much that I am thankful for.  If I actually sat down and thought about everything that I am thankful for and list them down, it would take forever. So I won't do that. But...What are you thankful for?? Have you thought about it over this holiday? Will you keep thinking about it for the weeks to come? 


Over the coming weeks, it is going to be the time of Christmas. We all get excited for the lights, and decorations, food and family, and everything else that comes with this holiday. But during this time, I challenge you not to forget the real reason we have this holiday. To remember Christ, and his birth and atoning sacrifice for us all. Be thankful, and grateful. Remember to care, and to love. Remember Him, and thank him for all he has done for us. Don't just love this holiday for the presents and good food, but love it because of Him, and because of our chance here on earth. Try your best to be thankful always, and cherish everything you have. Don't forget why Christ-mas is what it is. It is for CHRIST. :) I am going to try my best. Just like always. :) Will you? :) 


Have a happy holiday! 


love,
Q2

2 comments:

  1. QQ, I'm thankful for YOU! Thanks for putting up these AWESOME inspiring blog posts. They really make my day. Thanks for being a great friend and caring for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWwww! Thanks Ginelle! :) You just made my day. :) :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews