This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Friday, November 11, 2011

One of my Pet Peeves...

So here might be something that you guys might not know about me. I absolutely hate arguing. Whether is me doing it, or watching someone else do it. I just hate it. I am not talking about debating or expressing one's views. I am actually talking about arguing. Loud voices, raised temper, and defensive views. Those three add together = Explosion! I don't understand why we argue. What is the point of it? And in the end, what does it accomplish? To me, the answer is simple. NOTHING. That is the result of the tiring arguing. So, why in the world do we start doing it in the first place?


You know, when anybody starts arguing, they usually do it because they want to be right. They argue their own point until the other party gives up, or until they admit defeat. They yell, scream, and if they are not careful, sooner or later it will turn into a fight. I have watched many arguments  in my life, and I have seen how things go. I watch as people become disgruntle with each other, and starts being defensive about somethings that doesn't even really matter. When they do start arguing, they eventually forget about each other feelings, and how they are friends, family, or even couples. They just want to be right. Nothing else maters. They hurt the relationships that they are in, because at that moment instead of seeing the big picture, they focused on one narrow point. 


Then, usually after all the arguing, yelling, and maybe feeling hurting..people are usually just exhausted. Not only did they hurt themselves in the process of trying to show they are right, they hurt others around them. The people around them that heard the arguments might feel bad, and sometimes might even feel responsible for the argument. Or after the argument, people usually try to project the anger towards other people around them too. Somehow trying to make themselves feel better by trying to make others feel worst. That is the worst thing ever. I mean like ever! (well, not really..but you get what I mean...) Just because you are mad at something, or someone, that doesn't mean you have the right to start throwing attitude at everybody else around you. It really doesn't help yourself, or anybody else when you start throwing an attitude at others just because you are upset or mad after an argument. It usually doesn't make anything better, is just makes things worst for the person that is throwing the attitude, and the people around them. So, why? I mean, after all that happens, it just makes me keep asking the question WHY? I mean, seriously..what is the point? 


But humans are like that. WE like to be right. I mean all of us. We get defensive when things aren't, but that doesn't mean that we have to argue because of it. We can have our point of vies, and stand up for what we think, but we don't have to make a big deal out of something that isn't really important at all. We can control it. Just like everything else. We have a right over our emotions... (well, some of them...but deciding wether or not to act on those emotions...we most definitely have control over that...) 


I really do think that arguing is just a waste of energy and time. That is my belief. I mean, there was a time where I was one of those people. The ones that get mad for no reason and just blow up. But then i just got exhausted. I didn't always want to be mad. I wanted to feel happy, and just not waste all my energy on being defensive, and live a little more. And you know what? A lot of things went better. I saw the world in a different light. I didn't always have to be right because sometimes if I admit I was wrong, I could actually learn somethings. It really changed a lot about me as a person. Now? I don't get mad at all. I mean, okay, sometimes I do, but a whole lot less then before. Now, I just let others think they are right because deep down, if I am right and I know it, that is all that matters, and if I am wrong, I can take that as a opportunity to learn and grow. It is a whole lot better way to solve problems then yelling your lungs off, and offending everybody around you. 
So why? I don't understand why other people have to fight all the time! Even over the little things. If we all just stop before we act in anger, take a deep breath, and count to 10, many things in life will just be a whole lot simpler. And nicer. We all can get along together a whole lot better. So next time before you start yelling or become defensive, just stop yourself, and see it as a opportunity to learn instead. See how that will change your perspective in life. See how that will improve your relationship to the person you are arguing with. It really helps, and it really works. Talking, and learning is a whole lot better then arguing. For everybody. :) As always, try your best. :) In EVERYTHING that you do. Even if it is only controlling your temper. :) It changes everything sometimes! :) Because I am trying my best. Just like always! :) 


Love,
Q2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews