This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Things are hard...but...


LIFE IS HARD.......BUT SOMEWHERE IN ALL THAT HARDNESS AND TRUTH, THERE ARE ALWAYS SOMETHINGS THAT WE CAN BE THANKFUL FOR.....
Darkness = Hard things
Light at the end of the tunnel = Things that we can be thankful for. :) 
That is what I have come with this week.  I mean for me, my week has just be HARD. Period. No other way to explain it. I am so glad that the school week is over, and that I have the weekend to relax and recharge. So many things went wrong, and so many things that could have been better...but in the end, it just fell so short! I felt like I just spent the whole week in a trance. Like I am in a place full of fog, and all I am doing is just pushing forward. I seriously hardly remember much about it except all the studying, worrying, and stress I was under. I don't even remember what I ate for lunch on Wednesday, and it is only Friday!!!!! So ya, basically, it was just a tough week.... 
Fog...beautiful in that instance isn't it? 


Over this whole week, I kept on thinking about all the negative things thats been happening to me. All I could think of is why couldn't I just have an easier life. A place where everything works according to what I want, and need in that minute?? I mean, why couldn't it of been somebody else that was having all the issues and stress? Why does it have to be me that failed the stupid test?? (okay...not really failed...but not very good...) Why couldn't I just be that girl where everything is going great, and has everything in the world? The one that gets to just sit on the beach the whole day, and watch the dolphins swim by?? 


But guess what???? Life doesn't happen that way!!!! Welcome to the real world QQ. Nothing goes as you plan, and things are always hard. 


Through out all this week when I have been really negative, and just hurting inside, I didn't think to tell anyone else about it. I just sat there all week wallowing in my own sadness and negativity. On the outside, I just pretended everything was okay, and nothing was wrong. During some of that time, it actually worked. I faked it till I made it. I was really happy for some of that time. I even made it so others would of thought I was happy. It seemed like it was a good thing to do, but pretending through all that just gave me more stress. It was just very bad, and I got to the point this afternoon where I said to myself.. "If you don't talk about it, and just keep it all in, you are just going to drive yourself crazy..!" 


So, I went and did something about it. I went to talk to a good friend of mine for like an hour and a half. I just basically went to him, and told him everything that was really bugging me. And you know what??  It seemed like he knew exactly what I needed to hear. It was pretty good. Somehow, just by going to talk to him, my thoughts made sense, and my stress seemed to die down a little. And during that whole conversation, a thought came to me. 


IDEA! :) 
It really didn't have much to do with our discussion, but something he said made me think of it. Something that all the smartest people in my life have told me at least once finally made sense. The guidance finally hit me, and I now truly understand what it means.  And here it is: 

Life is tough yes, and there are always things that we just want to get rid of and forget, but no matter what is happening, there are many things to be positive about, and to be thankful for. 

This week, I have truly focused too much on all the things that went wrong, and not the things that went RIGHT. There are still many things in my life that I am so blessed to have. Sure, some things went bad, but look at all the things that went GOOD. I have so many things that I can, and should be thankful for. And you know, it's not just enough for me to think about them, and to realize them, I want to share them with you tonight. 


I am thankful that I have a life here on earth. I am grateful that I have a chance to come down, and to show my worth. I am thankful for a beautiful world that we live in. I love the sun, and I am so glad that it's there to brighten my days. I love the wind and the flowers. I love the beautiful mountains that we see all around us in Provo. 


I am thankful for such a wonderful school that I can attend, and to gain knowledge. I am so grateful for all the professors that spend their time just to help my education. 


I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, and a nice bed to sleep on. I am grateful that I have resources around me that gives me what I need when I need it. I am thankful for all the safety that I have. I am thankful that I have food, water, and money to live my everyday life. 


I am thankful for all my friends that I know I can count on. I am so happy that whenever I need them, I know that they will always be there for me.. I am so grateful that no matter what, my true friends would never doubt me, but will always help me through whatever that I need. I am thankful that through all the hard times this week, I could of had them to lean on, to laugh with, and just to relax with. I am so lucky to have friends that will go grocery shopping with me at 11:30 PM just because they want to make sure I have food that I can actually eat, and will be healthy for me. I feel so blessed to have people around me that loves me, and that cares for me. People that will tell me to stop putting myself down because of one stupid little thing. Friends that will just laugh and be sarcastic with me when I just feel like being silly. I love that I can stay up with my friend until midnight doing chemistry, and at the same time laughing our heads off because of silly numbers on the papers. Friends to me are very important. They mean a lot to me, and I am so blessed to have so many that are there to support me. :) 


Read the Poem, it is amazing. And so true! :) 
I am so grateful for my family. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, or get along well, I still love them with all my heart. We have our arguments, and disappointments. I have things that I wish could be better, but no matter what, they have my full heart. There is nothing more important to me in this whole wide world then my family. No matter where they are, or what they are doing, I will forever love them. No matter how they treat me, or what they expect of me, I will still care for them, and will always be there when they need. I am so thankful to be in a family where I can be part of something bigger, and better then myself. 
Family is very important. Don't ever forget it. 


I am thankful for all my blessings. I am so glad that my Father in Heaven loves me so much that he truly does gives me blessings even though I am not perfect. I am so thankful my the knowledge of the gospel, and how it has blessed my life. I mean sure, there are times where I think, and I doubt, but in the end, there is no doubt in my mind that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter - Day Saints is the true church of God. I am so thankful to have the gospel in my life to guide me, and to protect me. I am a divine daughter of God. He loves me, and I love him. I will stand as a witness of God at all times, in all things, and in all places. 


There are still so many things that I am grateful for. But I just dont' have the time or the space to write them all down. But I just wanted to make a point. And the point I want to make tonight is at the very top of this post, bolded, and underlined. But i am going to repeat it again, right here right now. Because it is very important, and I have finally realize why it is so important.  
LIFE IS HARD.......BUT SOMEWHERE IN ALL THAT HARDNESS AND TRUTH, THERE ARE ALWAYS SOMETHINGS THAT WE CAN BE THANKFUL FOR.....

And here is why it is so important: You could be like me, wallowing in my own negativity, and wondering why everything is going wrong, or you can remember this point, and do the best you can. I mean, sure this week was hard. But if I could of kept up my attitude, and make it positive, it would of been soooooo much easier. I know it would of been. I know that the point of coming down here to earth isn't to have everything be easy, where we can just pass everything without even trying. We are here to be tested, and to prove to our Heavenly Father that we do love him, and that we do follow his plan for us. He doesn't want us to wallow in guilt and negativity. He wants us to do, and be positive. I understand that now. I didn't before. Many people have tried to prove this point to me before, making me see the positive side of things. I don't why it has taken me this long to fully realize it. Maybe I just needed to come up with the realization myself, so it would mean more. I really have no clue. 

But I do know this. I know that life is hard. I know that it isn't easy. Trust me. I do know. I do understand. But now, tonight, I know another thing. 

NO matter how much life hurts, or  how hard it gets, there is always another side to things. Don't think the negative. Focus on the positive. I know it helps.   

I know that because today that is what happened to me. I started with a very negative attitude, focusing on all the things that sucks in life, but after I realize this very point, and started to think differently, I saw the opposite, and better side. Remember, there is two sides to a coin, just like there are two sides to attitude and thought. Just pick which one you want to live by. Try your best to live by the right, and positive side. I am. Well, I am going to start. Right now, right here. I want to make a change. I want to be better. I want to be MY BEST. Don't you?? I hope you do, because if you do, we can work at it together, and become someone even better yet. :) 

With all my love and thoughts, 
Q2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews