This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why do we procrastinate??

Midterms. College student's favorite time of the semester...right??? :) Um....not really. I think the honest truth is that all college student's hate this time of the semester. (I wont' be a 100% on that, because there might be some really awesome student out there that loves midterms...) For midterms this week, I have my SFL 210 exam, and my NDFS 100 Exam. I also have a SFL essay due on Thursday, plus an AHTG Essay. So, here I am with everything that I still have to do, and guess what I am doing instead? Procrastinating by writing this blog. 


Procrastination is such a weird thing. We do it all the time without even realizing it. We come home from school and watch t.v. instead of doing homework. We sit there and starve before getting up and making dinner for ourselves. We go to bed at midnight instead of staying up to finish the assignment because we are "tired." I mean, do we really understand what we are doing when we are procrastinating? Because I know I do that all the time. I will come home thinking that I have lots of time to do my homework, so instead on working on that, I turn on the T.V, and the next thing you know, it's 10 PM and I haven't even start anything yet! 


Okay, so I am talking about this because I really hate procrastination, and I just don't understand why there is such thing. I hate it because it gets to me all the time! I find that because I procrastinated all night, I am still writing an essay at one in the morning! I mean, for reals, does it make sense to you guys why we procrastinate? And you know what is the worst thing that comes from procrastination? We lose TIME!!! Time is something that we can never get back. Once it is gone, its gone forever. No matter what we want to do about it, it won't make a difference. We lost it, because rather then cherishing something so valuable, we waste it on doing something totally not worthwhile. See? Procrastination...it is so bad! 


And it just doesn't make sense. But everybody does it. So this is when I start thinking of why people do it. And just to clarify, this is my opinion, so don't get mad at me if you don't agree. In my view of humans in general, we all have times when we wish to think that we can do anything...if not that, most things. Our idea is that "I am smart, and I know how to handle myself, so you know, I will get it done eventually." (okay, at least that is what I think.) I do that all the time. Make myself believe that I am really good at what I do, and it doesn't matter if I relax a little bit and forget about homework, because eventually I will be able to get it done. We expect what we want ourselves to believe. In the end though, it just all come crashing down, and we realize that we are not as great as our imagination makes us. We are just humans. We need to work in order to get things done. We can't just have fun all the time, thinking that all will be well in the end. We can't have the thinking that because we are so good, we can rest now, and magically finish all our work later. 



That is what happens right?? I mean, it happens to me. I dont' know if it does to you or not, (I'm pretty sure it does...), but it sure does to me, and I really hate it. It makes me really upset about myself also. But if we think about it some more, we realize that procrastination really is a conscious choice that we all make. We choose to turn on the T.V. We choose to wait to do our homework, and we definitely choose to think that we can do anything because we are so much better then others. 
Which choice are you going to make?? 


So, now the problems is how can we stop procrastinating? How can we consciously make the choice not to waste our time. How can we understand that there are priorities in our lives, and we have to pay effort and actually work to accomplish them? I really have absolutely no idea how to answer those questions, because I have been trying to find the solution for years now. But I like to think that everything in life takes work, and working to solve this problem is totally worth it. I want to believe that if we work hard enough, and make a goal to stop having the habit of procrastinating, maybe one day it would happen. I don't know if it could ever happen, but I am keeping my hopes up. I am deciding right now to make a goal to try my hardest to make that conscious choice to stop procrastinating and wasting my time, so I can get my work done. How does that sound?? Does it sound like a good plan to you?? If it does, you should join me and do it too, and then tell me how it works out for you! :) I really do want to know! :) 
There is just that one thing we have to do to reach our goal, but would we do it? 


With all the best wishes, 
love,
Q2



1 comment:

  1. I miss reading these :) they bring me to see the real you

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews