This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The reasoning of Sacrifices

What a week! It has been completely crazy, and ridiculously hard. You think that since I am done with the long semester of winter, spring would actually be easier! But NO! It turns out that when you think something is going to be simpler, and easier then before, it actually gets a whole lot more complicated and harder. Who would've ever thought?! 
I just completely love this quote!
And I have definitely follow it's counsel a lot this week!
=) 
One of the things that made this week super hard was having to learn the lesson of how to sacrifice something, for something better. I know we have all heard that phrase before, and how we should always make the best choice that is available for us, but that is one thing that is easier said then done. 


I faced a very hard choice this week, and since I suck at making decisions, it was just a great experience!! (insert sarcasm here...) It was a choice that was going to affect how the next couple semesters are going to proceed. It was definitely a decision that I didn't see coming. One of those experiences that life throws at you, expecting you to solve it on your own, with no warning or help whatsoever. And those are the worst...at least for me. 


Which path do you wanna choose? 
Have you ever had to make a decision where everything seemed logical, and the action that you take from that choice would be the 'correct' thing to do, but it just doesn't feel right to you? Like a time where you had everything figured out, but when it actually got to the part of doing it, things just starts to feel wrong? That is how I was feeling this last couple of days. I had to make a choice between two options in front of me. One of the options is something I really WANT to do, but the other one was something that I felt like I NEEDED to do. It was like I was getting pulled from both sides, one left, one right, and I just can't win either way!!! 


When I actually got around to making the decision, I realized how much I was going to be sacrificing for it. There were many things for myself that I needed to put on hold, just so I can do what needed to be done.  And I wasn't quite ready for that. I felt kind of weak, and non-important, because even after all the effort I went through just so I can make a decision that was 'right' for me, at the end, when I came out with my answer, it seemed like it was wrong! It just felt like the other option would have been better too! So in the end, I just couldn't win! And it was at that exact moment when I realize something: 


Sacrifices are so hard! Even if it's small ones. Whenever we make a decision that includes giving up something for something else, that's a sacrifice, and those for me, kinda sucks. Making yourself, or letting yourself let go of something that somehow belongs to you hurts, it's an experience that always leaves a scar behind, no matter if the sacrifice was good or bad. It doesn't matter if it's a sacrifice for yourself or another person. As a matter of fact, sacrifices are rarely just for our own gain. It usually a time when we had to give something up from ourselves to help another person, or to make another situation better for someone else. 


Think about yourself. How many sacrifices have you made in your life? What decisions or experiences have you been through in the last couple month or year that included having to give something up, no matter for your own sake, or for somebody else. How did you go about it? What feelings did you have when you went through that? If it was anything like mine, I bet it didn't feel that great. I am totally confident that the choice or sacrifice you made in the end was the correct and right one, but I am also 97% sure that there were some pain and sadness involved with it too. 


So how can we go about doing it? What if making a choice that involves you to give up something else that you feel should be important too? What do we do when we get into a position where we just have to choose the path with the LEAST amount of sadness and pain? How does one go about choosing a path that still includes pain and scars no matter what? Even if the ending does have a positive affect for ourselves and others? I mean, to sum everything up, how does one go about sacrificing one thing for something or someone else? 


The answer to those questions from me is that I DONT' KNOW. If I did know, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this blog post trying to find out what to do with my life. But there is something that I do know, surprisingly. And that is that no matter what, it doesn't matter if you and I know how to go about doing things, all that matters is if our Heavenly Father and Savior knows. And the obvious and right answer for that is: Of course they know!!! 


The King of all Sacrifices in life is our loving Savior and brother, Jesus Christ. He made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. As he was kneeling in the Garden of Gethsemane, I promise you he wasn't having any fun at all. In fact, as he was going through all the pains and sins of the world for us, he even asked the Father to take the bitter cup away from him. He was tired, and he was hurting. There was that shy moment when he didn't want to go through that ultimate and infinite sacrifice. But, because he is our Savior, and because of his infinite love for us, he ended that phrase to his Father with "Nevertheless not my will, but YOURS be done." 


And so it did. He suffer through all the pains and sins of the world, the humiliations from the Romans and Jews, and the very last and most painful experience: Crucification on the Cross. That was the ultimate sacrifice of all time, His life. And he did that for US! 


And now, as we think about that, and look at our own lives, is our sacrifices really that hard, and painful compared to our Savior's? And the answer to that is absolutely not! He went through more pain, and suffering that we can ever go through. Our Savior, the one that loves us unconditionally no matter what, went through the biggest pain, and fought through the hardest battle in the history of all human life. 
So I wanted to share this song. 
It's one of my favorite song about the saviors love,
 and sacrifice for you and me.


So what does that mean? It means that yes, even though our sacrifices are hard, it will never be as hard as our loving heavenly brother's. It doesn't matter what we are going through, or what choices we are making, or even what we are giving up; we know we can always rely on our Lord. As I always say, He KNOWS what we are going through. And he understands the pains of our sacrifices. So let him guide us. Give ourselves a chance to tell him, "but not my will Father, but THY will be done." He will never give us anything that we can't handle. All the choices and sacrifices we are making will all make sense in the end. And all we need to have for that happen is time. And patience. 


I really don't know if I have actually made the absolutely correct choice or sacrifice this week, but I do know that it will all turn out okay in the end. I know that I have tried my best to come up with the best solution, and this answer in front of me didn't just come from me. It also came from the Lord's help and guidance. Because He WAS  there for me. NO matter what I do, choose, or give up, the ending would be what He wants for me, and my life. And the same goes for you.


I love this quote! It gives me hope.
=) 
I don't know what's happening in your life right now, or what trials you are going through, but I do know that all human beings go through trials and sacrifices. We all have to make choices, and decisions during times where it requires us to give sacrifices. And I hope that no matter how hard those sacrifices or trials become, you will always remember the Lord's help and support. He is there, and he knows, and understands. He will guide you and support you through all your hard times. You just have to let him, as always. =) 



So this week, or whenever the next trial and decision comes along, remember that no matter what sacrifice you have to make, and no matter how painful and hard it will be, it won't ever be the hardest thing that was ever done. And you will never have to go through it alone. Yes, you will feel pain, sadness, and maybe disappointment, but you don't have to feel alone. Because our Lord, Jesus Christ, already went through His very own sacrifice just so we don't have to go through ours just by our lonesome selves.


"If what's ahead scares you and what's behind hurts you, just look above. He NEVER fails to help you."


I love you all, and I know our Savior and Heavenly Father does too. And I know that no matter what we are all facing, if we only but try our BEST, we can beat it, and win. I promise that. I know that even though choices, decisions, and sacrifices are hard, they will be worth it in the end, for you as the one that is making the sacrifice, and the other person who the sacrifices is for. And no matter what the situation is, we will have support through them all! Try your best to remember this wonderful and beautiful lesson during your hard times, because for me, I know that I will. And I am trying my best, right now. =) So you should too. 


love,
Q2















No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews