This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

A holiday with Spark!

Hello all!!! =) 

So, I know it's a bit after the holiday, but this is the first time I had a chance to blog about it!! 


One of the best thing of Summer is our wonderful Independence day!! I never really understood this holiday until a couple years ago in a middle school class (like 9th grade)...and after I actually knew what it was for, I totally fell in love with it!!! 
(Because in China, we don't have The Forth of July!! 
Crazy right??)


So, it became one of the holidays that is so unique to me, and one that I really cherish and love. And I mean I just love everything about it! 


I love being outside in the wonderful weather, barbecuing with my family, laughing and just plain having fun. =)


I love the ability to celebrate the fact that I an American in this wonderful country. I love that we have a special day to be reminded of that freedom that we have in this country. 
(It's really just awesome.)


Freedom really is a gift. So many people died for this country just so we can have that freedom. And not only that, our own Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ created this wonderful planet, and made a great Plan of Salvation just so we can have the said freedom and AGENCY. 


It was so important to them that even our own Savior sacrificed himself for all of us on this Earth, just so we can have our own agency, and to choose to go back and live with him forever one day. 


Our agency is really a special gift, but sometimes it is so hard for us to use it, and make the choices that we NEED to make. I know, because that is what I have been struggling with too, but this 4th of July holiday has taught me something: 
We need to cherish and love our very own Agency


We have to use it, and not let it slip from our fingertips. It is truly a wonderful and loving gift our Father in Heaven, and Savior has given us. And I know that when we start using it in the correct, and responsible way, we will feel the love, support, and peace we are all looking for in every single aspect of our lives.


 Sometimes it's hard to do that, I know, but I have faith that by using my agency, I will find happiness. And that is really one of the most important things in life. =) I hope you will too! 


Anyways...now that I pour out all my feelings for the 4th of July, freedom, and agency, I think I will just get to the fun, and more exiting part of this post: 


The activities, and pictures of my wonderful holiday. =) 


I got my face painted!! =)
 Isn't it so festive and pretty?? 
Before the city fireworks! =)
I love this girl!!! 
Me and my sister love taking weird pictures..and fireworks!!! It was really nice spending time with her, watching the beautiful beautiful fireworks above us. [oh, and mom was there too.. =)]

Fireworks!!! =) 


My sister, me, and my best friend Amber.
We were in the middle of doing our own fireworks!! =) 
So, sometimes I come up with great spontaneous ideas, and guess what?? After the BBQ that night, I was like 'Hey! Lets get a bunch of friends together and do fireworks together!!!' with like 4 hours till midnight....But you know what? It was all good because at the end, it was a great turn out!! Did fireworks all the way until 12:30 AM!! =) So much fun!!! 

Well, there you have it! =) Other then the lack of pictures of my BBQ with my family, this is what my awesome holiday consist of!! =) I hope you guys had an awesome one too!! 


Have a absolutely wonderful day!! =) 

2 comments:

  1. And a lack of me in the picture with you amber and ching. Where was I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were fighting with the fireworks box. =) trying to get it opened. =) and lighted. =) sorry...i wished i got one with you though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews