This is life

This is life. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is bad. But during all those times, there is always somethings that we all like to say. So this is me. Saying what I want to say.

Monday, July 23, 2012

A story with a lesson...

One day, I arrived at the far away place name Sandy..where my family lives. It's a great place. =)  I just finished another week at the wonderful fairytale land of Provo, and was ready for some family time, and relaxation. Haha...that turned out to be a joke...because the house decided to throw a temper tantrum, and stop working... 

The first thing I usually do when I arrive back home is to go to the fridge, open the door, and see what there is to eat...yes I know...eating is everything in my life....haha...Expecting the fridge to be nice and cold, I was surprise to find that it was quite warm. It was so warm, the butter was starting to melt... and as much as I know about household appliances, which isn't much...I realize something was seriously wrong with it. haha...go figure right?? =)

Anyways, because of that, I went on an adventure (which means going up the stairs, avoiding all the bags, fighting through all the clothes laying around the floor, and finally arriving into the study room) to find the queen of the home, which is my mother, and was told that the fridge has been broken for a whole week!! One whole week!! Isn't that crazy? (I don't know how I can survived without a fridge for a week...but you know...i guess it's possible...heehee..) 

So, without a choice, I decided it was acceptable to spend a couple of days without a fridge...it was a close fight...but i finally convinced my can't-stop-eating alter ego that it was okay....haha. But that gives us another problem. there was no way to keep food in our house! 


I mean, not overnight anyways...so we had to come up with really creative ways to cook dinner, and frankly, it was quite a lot of fun. I don't think I will ever do it again, but you know...it was fun. =) But just as I was getting use to the idea that I won't have a fridge for the weekend....there came another problem!! (Just when you know what's what....haha.) 


...On Monday morning, I woke up just like any other day at home, and started to clean around the place. I got to the point where I needed to put things back in the 'right' place, which meant going down into my wonderful basement. But on that morning, there were something different about the basement. It was wet. Now, I don't know much about carpets, but I do know one thing: They aren't suppose to be wet...


So, once again I had to go on another adventure to find out what was going on with my basement. I finally found the source of the mysterious wet carpet! It was coming from the water boiler...the water boiler which holds 40 gallons, 40 GALLONS of water. Um....That is A LOT of water!!! No wonder the carpet was wet.... Not only the carpet, but everything around the leaking boiler was wet...clothes (that always seem to be lying on the floor in our house..), boxes, shelves...and everything else around the place. So needless to say...that was A BIG PROBLEM. 


Since NOBODY else was home during that crisis, I was left alone to fix the problem. And trust me...it was no easy work...but don't worry, I semi-prevented the basement from flooding. =) Which was really impressive if you knew what, and how much I actually had to do. Turning off the gas (which fueled the fire), stopping the water, and a lot of other...stuff. I was really quite proud of myself....still am. Not prideful...just proud. =) 


But with all of that..happening just within couple days of each other, I learned something. Even though I am quite sarcastic about the whole situation (especially now since it is all over with...), it was actually quite serious and tense during the whole craziness. 


Even though it wasn't the most wonderful time, this whole adventure made me realize exactly two things: One, I need to have a little talk with my house, and tell him that it's completely inappropriate to throw a temper tantrum like this (haha..never again okay house?...), and Second, We don't really realize what we have until it is gone. 





I never really realize how important something like a fridge is in our lives until one day it stops working. Or the loveliness of hot water until we are taking a shower in freezing, breathtaking cold water. It's something small, and something we usually don't think about, but when we lose it, we wish sooo bad to have it again. And that doesn't only count for small things like fresh food, and hot water....it counts for EVERYTHING in this world. 


In our lives today, we have so much that we take for granted. Day to day things like television, cars, and grocery shops, all the way to deeper relationships with others.The relationships in our lives can't take for granted. Our family situations, with brothers, or sisters, parents, all the way down to our friendships with roommates, co-workers, neighbors, or even a significant others. When we have them, we are so happy, and content. But we don't really understand how important those relationship means to us until one day we wake up, and it's not there.


But why do we always wait until it is too late? Until we wake up and feel that pain? Isn't there anything we can do to prevent that from happening? To make us see how much we actually have in our lives, and cherish it there and then? Why wait until it is too late? I don't want to! I think that is a stupid idea! So...lets find a way to prevent that from happening...


Coming back to the story of my fridge and water boiler, those problems weren't something we couldn't of avoided. There were things we could of done for it. Check the refrigerator fan every once in a while so it doesn't build up with dust until everything is clogged, or go down and make sure the fire isn't too hot on the boiler so it doesn't make a crack in the metal! Just the little touch up things to make sure everything is working in the most perfect condition they can be. 


It is the same way with relationships. Every once in a while, instead of taking a relationship for granted, cherish it. Do something to make sure others know that you care about them. Give them a hug, or a nice note. Tell them you love them, and care about them. Make sure they know how important they are in your lives. I am sure if it would of made a difference, I would of told my boiler how much I loved him before he decided to throw a temper tantrum... =) BUT don't only love the good and perfect parts about them. Love every single flaw and imperfection they have too. Because the relationship isn't only about the good things, it's about BOTH the good and the bad. It's about (as always...) EVERYTHING. 


Our lives is a gift, and the wonderful people and things we have in it is the treasures that makes life so wonderful! Sometimes we just fall into a pattern in our lives where we don't really realize it. But don't let that happen to you! It's not fun! Actually, it pretty much sucks! Take it from somebody who knows what she is talking about...because I had more painful adventures other then the one with my temper throwing house. =) Don't let something that's wonderful, and meaningful just slip from your finger tips because you forgot, or didn't want to see how important it actually was in your life. 


I been through this, and I don't want anyone else to go through the pain I had to. So please...take care of those relationships you have around you. Don't let it be something that you regret. Let it be something you hold on, and cherishes forever. Relationships don't come easily, and once you have them, with anybody, hold on to it tight, and make sure you never ever take it for granted. =) Make sure you know, the other person know, and all the other inanimate objects know how much you appreciate, love, care, understand, and cherish them. Because that right there...is everything (or close to..) you need in a great relationship. 


Try your best to remember everything you have around you. Love everyone, and love everything. Don't let something that could of been avoided become part of something you regret. Everything you have around you is a gift...a wonderful treasure. Treat it as such. Try your best, to be your best. Because, as always, I am. =) 


With all my love,
Q2

1 comment:

Total Pageviews